Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fake AV Still Going Strong!

I assist people I know in cleaning their PC's. I've seen some really bad ones in my time. There is one constant this year. Fake AV. It continues to morph and change and continues its strong success. If you really want to get your geek on and read more about it, there is a guy, Dancho Danchev who has a blog and he has written extensively on the Fake AV attacks that have been going on for quite some time this year and it doesn't seem that it has lost much steam as of yet.

Patch, be careful when opening attachments, and don't just randomly click on links or attachments in unsolicited e-mails. Read the story I posted about Secunia's PSI tool to assist you in keeping your PC patched so the bad guys don't have such an easy time at your expense. Take care!

No comments: