- Spammed email messages (ecards) that contain malicious links
- Instant messaging applications where links are sent as messages
- Private messages in social networking sites
- As codecs for videos hosted on social networking sites
- Downloaded by malware in a prior infection
- Mass SEO poisoning involving several compromised Web sites
These attacks were starting to pop up in August, and they have continued here in September. This basically tells me the attacks are pretty successful. Beware of the social engineering that actually tricks you into installing this rogue AV badware from the criminal attackers.
Stay safe and have a great weekend.