Below I've listed instructions on how to use the tool.
- After installing, double click on the Malwarebytes Anti-malware tool and you are
presented with the Malwarebytes dashboard.
- Click on the Update tab (the third tab over). Click on the "Check for Updates" button to get the new signatures for MBAM. You need to do this step every time prior to running the tool.
- After the update is complete, then click on the Scanner tab (this tab is the first you will see when opening MBAM). Select the default scanning option (Perform quick scan) and then click on the Scan button. MBAM will now start scanning your computer for malware. This process can take quite a while, so I suggest you go and do something else and periodically check on the status of the scan. When MBAM is done scanning it will present you with a message box with an OK button. It will either tell you no malicious files found, or if it finds any malicious files, it will then allow you to view the results. Click the OK button.
- If infected files are found, you will now be back at the main Scanner screen. At this point you should click on the Show Results button. A screen displaying all the malware that the program found will be displayed.
- You should now click on the Remove Selected button to remove all the listed malware. MBAM will now delete all of the infected files and registry keys. When removing the
files, MBAM may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot, please allow it to do so. If the Quick Scan
option actually found any malicious software, I always recommend that after you have removed and rebooted if needed, then repeat these steps but select the Perform full scan option. For sure this process will take longer because you are scanning your entire PC.